Wednesday, September 19, 2012

TV: Fall 2012

Boy this fall looks utterly insane for TV.


The Office: Thursdays, starting 9/20
Well I'm glad this show is in its final season. It was fun for its run, and I was one of the people honestly glad when Steve Carrell left because I couldn't stand the character. Rumors about a Dwight spinoff are not encouraging and it would probably be terrible. But I do like the sentimentality they gave to Steve Carrell's exit from the show and it would be great to have him back for the finale.''

South Park: Wednesdays, starting 9/26
Another season of lovable absurdity.



The Big Bang Theory: Thursdays, starting 9/27

Another season of Sheldon being Sheldon. Sounds like a plan.


Family Guy: Sundays, starting 9/30
It is an incredibly stupid show that I continue to watch anyway for the funnies.

Hayate the Combat Butler: Thursdays, starting 10/4
Third season of the anime being done by the same people that did the dreadful movie and seems to be focusing on the plot and characters I don't like as much. But I'll probably watch it anyway.

Little Busters: Sundays, starting 10/7
Key being Key. Given how much I've liked Clannad, Angel Beats, and to a lesser extent Kanon, this could be good. JC Staff seems to be doing a decent job on the animation surprisingly from what I've seen in the PVs.

Psycho-Pass: Fridays, starting 10/12
I'm one of the oddballs that actually really really liked Guilty Crown despite some of its flaws. Animation was beautiful, liked all the characters, Production IG and noitaminA are putting together what looks like another fabulously (and not in the Star Driver way) animated series but this time with the writing of Gen Urobuchi behind it. And they seem to be going the Death Note / Geass approach to vigilantism. All that with the voices of Shizuka Itou and Kana Hanazawa. Sign me up.

The Retarded Student Council, Saturdays starting 10/13
The first season of this series went beyond the impossible on the number of gags and references per minute and complete lack of attempting to have any plot. It was hilarious and I'll watch more of it.

Community: Fridays, starting 10/19
I started watching this show because I was bored one day. I watched the entire first three seasons within a week and was hooked. Sucks that  the series is only getting a half season for the new season and whatnot. Six seasons and a movie, though! Can only hope that if this is really going to be the last season that they wrap things up nicely. Episode titles that've been released so far seem to revolve around a plot arc hinted in last season's finale about Jeff reuniting with his father which could be nice.

Other stuff I'm still watching
Naruto Shippuden (Thursdays)
Rock Lee's Springtime of Youth (Tuesdays)
Sword Art Online (Saturdays)
Kokoro Connect (only a few more episodes, but Saturdays)

What it looks like overall
Sundays - Family Guy and the other ones if I bother to watch them. Little Busters in there.
Mondays - nothing. because having something Monday would be good. and Mondays are terrible.
Tuesdays - Rock Lee. I miss Bleach.
Wednesdays - South Park.
Thursdays - The Big Bang Theory, The Office, Naruto, Hayate the Combat Butler. I guess the busiest day isn't any busier than when Guilty Crown was there to be watched in the evenings since Community moved to Fridays.
Fridays - Community, Psycho-Pass
Saturdays - Sword Art Online, Kokoro Connect, Retarded Student Council

No comments:

Post a Comment